Zeona is the Director of Issuer and Investor Relations for the JSE. She is a senior executive with 20 years of experience in corporate, governmental and communications organisations.
In recent years she has worked in executive positions in listed companies, start-ups, turnarounds and companies in transitions in disciplines which include communications, regulatory, legal and, merges and acquisitions. These organisations include Altech, Multi-Links (Nigeria), Telkom Group, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, Herd-buoys McCann, Cell C and Lobedu Leo Burnett.
Her contribution lies in her ability to work in highly complex situations, with clarity and structure. Her approach in environments of change is to determine who the core stakeholder groups are, what the context of the change is and then to build teams to effect sustainable change and delivery against the business objective. Her diverse experience and exposure gives her depth and breadth in the business environment. These include:
- Executive and public positions: Senior management and executive positions in private and public companies; Truth and Reconciliation Commission, Cell C, Altech and Telkom.
- International experience: She has worked across the African continent, the Middle East, Europe and the U.S. She was based in Nigeria for 18 months.
- Board Directorship: Board membership in a wide variety of industries and companies including Nestle, Bankserv, Johannesburg Social Housing Company.
- Innovation on a national scale: Successfully introduced and launched "Take A Girl Child to Work Day" for Cell C as their Corporate Social Investment programme in 2002.
Education and Credentials
- Damelin College, Johannesburg, Business Management Programme
- University of the Witwatersrand Business School, Management Advancement Programme
- Aspen Institute of Leadership, Executive Leadership Training